Just Passin' Through

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

In my Spare time..

Over spring break I decided I needed something to do...so I decided to make a diaper wreath for a lady at school who is having a baby. I have seen these before but never attempted to make one before. My cousin had one at her baby shower and I got to looking it at and I thought...I can do that!! So I did! I got a metal wreath hanger from Hobby Lobby. Then I got some diapers, wash cloths, pacifiers, teething ring, baby spoon and fork, travel size lotion, baby powder, and shampoo, and some baby hair bows. After i got all the diapers on I just went back and tied the other things on. Then my aunt helped me make the bow. I also decided to put the baby's name in the middle. So I found some small wooden letters at Michael's and painted them pink and hung them down the middle with purple ribbon.




I love making things like this! I also love to make candy wreaths or letters. I use a regular metal clothes hanger and shape it into a circle and then with metal floral wire tie on the candy. I've done a peppermint one and a bubble gum one! Really cute!! Also for my brother and sister in laws wedding I made a candy "T" My dad had some metal and shape and welded it to a T and then I wrapper it with jolly ranchers! They used it at the reception and hung it over the candy table!! It turned out really good!! But just took FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! and had TONS of jolly ranchers on it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment