Just Passin' Through

Monday, June 21, 2010

9 days until... HONDURAS!!!!!

9 SHORT DAYS!!! WOW I can't believe the time has come for me to be back in Honduras! I haven't been able to in a few years because I have been in weddings that have conflicted...not this year!!! I am so excited I can't stand it!! Tonight mom and I booked out hotel by the airport!! Lucky us we are flying out at like 6 am on July 1 SO that means have to be at the airport bright and early!! But I'm ok with that!! We're flying out of Nashville our first stop is in ATL and then Tegucigalpa HONDURAS!!!! This year will be extra special...this is not only going to be great time to serve our Lord but its going to be a reunion with all of my "brothers"!! Matthew and all of his soccer buddies from FHU and their wives are getting to go. They are all like my brothers!! I really miss all of these guys and can't wait for all of us to be back together!! Not only is my mom going with us but also my second mom, Margaret will be there as well!! Lots of hard work and prayers have gone into the work of TORCH Missions and I ask that you please continue to pray for us.
There are several groups flying in from different places and different times- please pray for safe travels to and from Honduras!!
I know this is going to be the best 11 days of my summer!! I'm very thankful for everyone that has made this trip possible!!
This is the TORCH Missions blog if you would like to follow- it will be updated while we are over there working; http://childrenoftheking.blogspot.com/
PLEASE PLEASE pray for safe travels, our work while we are there, and also for our families that we are leaving behind in the states!!

Matthew 25:34-40"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 'For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink;I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.' "Then the righteous will answer Him, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? 'And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? 'When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' The King will answer and say to them, 'Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.'

2 comments:

  1. Love the pictures. You will do such great things In honduras. God will bless you for you works. You are such a selfless example. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ash!!! Please keep us in your prayers! Love ya

    ReplyDelete