Just Passin' Through

Thursday, December 23, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful time of the year...

WOW!!!! I can’t believe that Christmas is here again! This year has absolutely flown by! But I’m so excited because this is truly my most favorite time of the year!! I first want to give thanks to God for all that we have to be thankful for. Yesterday, (Wednesday) was 5 years ago that my dad suffered a massive heart attack! I can’t thank God enough for allowing my daddy to still be here with us today! That Christmas was a true nightmare for me BUT with God we got through it and my dad is doing GREAT!!!!
Tonight my dad called my niece and nephew and he was “Santa”! It was great!! We put it on speaker phone so we could hear Mattingly…it was hilarious!! Mattingly told Santa she wanted a leapster! She also asked Santa what kind of cookies he liked and what kind of milk he wanted!! It was precious! Then McCoy gets on the phone, he isn’t talking much and he said, “ho ho ho” and “ball” his two favorite words right now! They are the funniest two kids and they getting so big!! Mattingly will be 4 in February and I feel it was just yesterday we waited up all night for her to be born!! Time flies!! Have to enjoy them while we can! Tomorrow, Christmas eve, Matthew and Hannah will be here and then Saturday afternoon Andrew and his family will be here. Now, for me having to wait until Christmas day night to open presents its nothing but torture!!! Ha I am and will always be the little kid at Christmas!! : ) Even though I know everything I am getting this year there is still something about opening presents Christmas morning!!
I ask everyone to say a special prayer for everyone who is missing a loved one this Christmas. I know we all miss our loved ones all the time but the holidays are really hard! I miss my great grandmother so much at Christmas! Especially this year…she would have been 100 on Sept. 15…she was one special lady to me!!! I love you Bea!!!



Merry Christmas to all!!! Happy New year!!!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blogging!! I hope you did have a great Christmas and would love to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all....love your blog layout. Second, great post!!!

    ReplyDelete